Thursday, June 14, 2012

Giving a Shout Out

In the words of Gene Simmons and the boys from KISS...."Shout it, shout it, shout it out LOUD!!!"

The response I have received to my blog and to my FaceBook updates is nothing short of overwhelming...so many of you have posted words of encouragement, have suggested that I am courageous, strong, brave in my attitude and actions...and I have to give a huge SHOUT OUT to all of you especially as these past few days I have not felt so tough or brave.  Not even remotely.  These past few days following my third treatment have been pretty rough.   Some of the side effects of the treatment have really hit me hard this time and left me feeling far removed from tough, strong, courageous, positive.   It becomes cyclical...a negative feedback loop.  I feel crappy physically and feel crappy mentally that I don't feel well enough to embrace all the positive things around me especially my pregnant wife, Victoria, who at 16 weeks is simply glowing.  It is incredible how life works, isn't it?  We found out we were pregnant on the same day that we got the pathology report back from my Oncologist.   Having a child on the way gives me so much positive to focus on and to embrace that it only reinforces my determination to be strong...to get healthy.

So this post is to all of you who join our growing circle of support. Know that I draw strength from every message, every wave of positive energy that is sent my way.    And as the song suggests...when the treatments are over and the battle has been won we've "got to have a party"!

No comments:

Post a Comment