Thursday, November 1, 2012

Corey Hart may have said it best

Don't get me wrong...I am not a huge Corey Hart fan but in honour of today being the first day of my last Treatment - yes, Treatment #12 is underway!!! - I actually catch myself thinking of the lyrics to the song "Never Surrender":


With a little perseverance you can get things done
Without the blind adherence that has conquered some
And nobody wants to know you now
And nobody wants to show you how

So if you're lost and on your own
You can never surrender
And if your path won't lead you home
You can never surrender

And when the night is cold and dark
You can see, you can see light
And no one can take away your right
To fight and to never surrender, to never surrender



Never Surrender. I like that. Keep on fighting and persevere even when your energy is low and your fighting spirit starts to ebb.

So today I was successful in starting my last treatment!!! Yippeeeeeee!!! My platelets rose just enough over the past three days to allow me to be treated today. Thank you, platelets. I guess you heard Leah Noel and I admonishing you to "get up". Thanks, Leah ;-)

Enough for now...the chemo drugs and anti-nausea drugs are taking me over and I need to sleep. The treatment room is busy today. Yikes. Way too many of us are fighting this horrible disease. But I will put that thought away and focus on my absolutely beautifully radiant and evermore pregnant wife who is 36 weeks this past Tuesday!



Until next post, I wish all good health and good spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment