Monday, February 24, 2014

The Kicking the Crap Crew 3.0

This post is nothing but a personal and loud SHOUT OUT for all supporters of the Kicking the Crap Crew...I am sending out this message to ask for your support again this year and to recruit all the super enthusiastic awesomely excited wickedly tenacious sponsors, cheerers, walkers, runners, family, friends, supporters or just honorary members of KTCC.   If you are returning to my blog you know about my journey.  If you are a first-time reader thank you for taking the time to stop by and read.  In just a few weeks I will commemorate two years from diagnosis with Stage IIIB colon cancer and I gotta tell you it’s been a long journey - a long long long journey. 


Above is a link to my personal page in the BioK 5k BumRun that will take place this year on Sunday April 27th.  I along with my wife, Victoria, and our son Benjamin along with many other family members and friends will join forces on this day and once again proudly walk/run this event.  I am thrilled that once again this year I am healthy enough to lead the Crew. If you have read my blog you will know that just a few months ago I wasn’t so sure I was going to be healthy enough to be in the Bum Run this year.  Proud to say that not only am I healthy enough, this year I am determined to lead the Kicking the Crap Crew to be  the highest fundraising team total .  This year, the organizers of the Bum Run and Colon Cancer Canada reached out to me and asked if I would be a Patient / Event Ambassador and share my story in their inaugural newsletter The Backside released just this past week.

To all who take a moment and read my story Thank you. To all supporters - Thank you. Thank you. Spread the word about colorectal cancer, awareness and screening. Every dollar and every sponsor and every person who is made aware of the importance of colorectal cancer screening is appreciated. You all inspire me.

Did I say this already? THANK YOU!












No comments:

Post a Comment