Monday, March 30, 2015

The Kicking the Crap Crew 4.0

I realize that I have really slowed down over this past year with my blogging and perhaps will try and articulate what that might be all about in another post but for now I need to send out a belated shout out to, once again, let the world know that I have begun to recruit some really super enthusiastic awesomely excited wickedly tenacious fundraisers, cheerers, walkers, runners, sponsors, family, friends, supporters and honorary members of KTCC 4.0!  

This year’s event is Sunday April 26th at the bright and early time of 8 am and again this year I have created a team – Kicking the Crap Crew 4.0 – and set a fundraising goal of $3000 for us. I am confident that we can do it.  This year the organizers led by Dr. Ian Bookman allow for pledge dollars to be directed to four different charitable organizations:

St. Joseph's Health Centre
Colon Cancer Canada
SickKids G.I.F.T.
Colorectal Cancer Association of Canada

These are all great charities that are doing great things in the battle against colon cancer.  I personally am directing all my funds toward St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation as St. Joe’s and the absolutely amazing doctors and nurses there holds a very special place in my heart.  Those of you that have my blog know that I have spent so many days at St. Joseph's Health Centre with surgery, chemotherapy treatments, CT scans, colonoscopies, ultrasounds, MIRs, bloodwork and port flushes, visits to my doctors, etc.…I can say personally that everyone at St. Joe’s is a honorary member of the KTCC!


The route is the same 5km route around Queen’s Park as the previous three years. 
Speaking of three years…I thought I might share with you all that this March I will recognize three years of survival…three years battling colon cancer.  Three years is a very significant statistical milestone.  According to my surgeon statistical odds of recurrence now drop to only 10%.  Now that’s something worth celebrating!!!

Thank you to all of you for again being in my circle and for being a member of the Kicking the Crap Crew 4.0!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment