Monday, October 22, 2012

Why I fight

Good Monday morning to all...I recognize that it has been a week since my last posting and that in my last post I promised to blog about something completely unrelated to my cancer, treatments, etc. but I want to take a moment to provide a quick update in this forum especially since so many of you have been in touch with me recently to find out how I am doing.  Frankly, this treatment has hit me hard...really hard.  I don't know whether it is because I was delayed a week or whether it is reflective of my suppressed immune system, bottoming out platelets and suppressed neutrophils but some of the side effects have been more intense this time around than anytime over the past six months....particularly the cold sensitivity, neuropathy, fatigue and GI issues.  My taste buds are shot - my stomach has been SOUR and my appetite non-existent.  My hands and feet are a complete mess - I can barely type, barely grip a pen and write - and I hope that they recover although there is a chance that some of this nerve damage can be permanent.  It is what it is.  With the Neupogen injections this time around the bone pain and aches in my spine, hips, legs, neck and skull have been brutal - to the point where I needed to take Tylenol 3 (with Codeine) to help me cope/sleep.  BUT...only one more to go.  Countdown - T minus 1.  Bring it. Let's do this.

Why I Fight

And now that I am done "ranting" let's get to the real purpose of this post...and one of the main reasons why I have kept focused, have tried to stay strong and positive, have put on the game face and faced this adversity head-on and with determination to come out on the positive side of it.  Enough of my talking, enough about cancer, enough about side effects, enough about neuropathy and Neupogen...let's let the pictures do the talking.

Victoria June 6  - about 14 wks

Victoria at about 16 wks

About 18 weeks

18 weeks

21 weeks

29 weeks


27 weeks

30 weeks

33 weeks


Victoria, you are my rock.  You are my best friend.  You have honoured me by being my wife.  You have stood by me and propped me up when things have been so rough these past few months.  You never let me wallow in self-pity or despair.  Those closest to us know that you are the real captain of the Kicking the Crap Crew ;-) You remind me every day what is important in life. 

And soon you will give birth to our baby and I cannot wait.  I am overwhelmed with joy.  You are going to be as wonderful a mom as you are a wife and partner.

Thank you for being you, Victoria.  

1 comment:

  1. We are a team, sweetheart. You are my rock and I need you. Thank you for being so strong. I'm looking forward to your recovery and to our journey together with our new miracle baby.

    ReplyDelete