Monday, August 13, 2012

Still searching for Cameron Lake Charlie...



So in my post earlier last week from Tobermory I promised to upload pics of our glass-bottom boat tour...and unfortunately there are no pics from the tour...'cause the weather didn't co-operate at all.  Four solid days of cloud, wind, rain....some times gale force winds...cancelled all boat tours out of Tobermory but allowed for a wonderful opportunity for Victoria and I to spend some real quality time together indoors at the cottage watching the Olympics and lots of movies.  Btw, we were both really surprised at how good the movie Source Code with Jake G. is and really enjoyed Rendition (again with Jake G, the goddess Meryl Streep, Allan Arkin, etc).  But I digress...

Although I don't have pics from a glass-bottom boat tour I do have a pic of what possibly could be a relative of Cameron Lake Charlie...the infamous and elusive monster fish that has lived for decades in Cameron Lake.  Before Vic and I left the cottage we decided to take the boat out one last time for a tour of our own and to drop a line in the water since the sun had finally decided to come out after a lengthy absence.  And just a few minutes after dropping a nice juicy dewworm into the lake I had a strike from the bass in the picture and reeled him in.  What the picture doesn't show is Parker, our Cavalier King Charles, and his reaction to the fish.  He went crazy after I released the fish back into the water....running up and down the boat, whining, jumping up on the bow and then the stern looking like he wanted to dive into the water to go after the fish.  It was really hilarious while a little disconcerting because I didn't want to have to dive in after him if he did decide to jump in!

So before I released the fish back into the lake I told him to convey a message to his grandfather, Charlie.  The message was this: "tell your Grandpa that I know he is there...sometimes at nights I can hear him chuckling at me and Brad, (my brother-in-law who has also been avidly seeking him out over the past several years on the lake to no avail)...enjoy it now 'cause the laughter will be coming to an end really soon and I personally am salivating at the prospect of a shore lunch with Charlie as the guest of honour".

The quest continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment