Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Crew is Kicking Butt...last call for Bum Run Supporters


What can I say?  The Kicking the Crap Crew is kicking some serious butt with our fundraising efforts in the first annual Bum Run 2012 for Colon Cancer. We smashed the $7000 mark and are the number one team in fundraising....friggin' awesome, all.  You ROCK!  Personally, I have almost reached the $3000 mark and am number 2 overall in fundraising behind Dr. Ian Goodman, the founder of the Event.  


And you know...the chemo may kill the cells from tongue to tush but it cannot kill the competitive spirit within me...I would be thrilled to be the number one fundraiser for this Event.  As a Colon Cancer patient I know firsthand the importance of colorectal cancer screening and benefit from research into treatments.  

Last appeal for sponsors to this important and very personal Event...and every donation helps regardless of amount...whether it be 5, 10, 50 or 100 or more. To sponsor me click this link, http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1502857&langPref=en-CA and then Sponsor Me.

I am so grateful for any financial support. 

On an exciting note Dr. Bookman, the founder of the Bum Run, has been in contact with me and is hoping to meet me and the Kicking the Crap Crew at the Bum Run. He also has expressed an interest in leveraging my story in an awareness video for colorectal cancer screening...and I am entirely committed to helping the cause in anyway.

A huge Thank You to all supporters and to my entire Kicking the Crap Crew for all your efforts to garner sponsors, for your support and positive energy you are all bringing to the event.  I am honoured to walk beside the  members of the Crew on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment