Wednesday, August 8, 2012

TSN Turning point where are you?

Yikes....6 days in to Treatment 7 and finally I think I may be turning the corner.   My appetite is now starting to come back, the tastebuds are not COMPLETELY like cardboard now although I can still taste nothing but my teeth for the most part.  The fatigue really hit me hard this time....and it wouldn't take much to require me to lay down and "shut my eyes" for awhile.  I don't know if it is from the chemo, from the restricted diet that I am now a few weeks into, from the crappy sleep that I have been having despite the continued reliance on Immovane....or maybe a combo of all of it.  The diet has left me feeling a little sapped in terms of blood sugar (cutting out all added sugar, dairy, and way way back on higher glycemic index starches and foods) so I think I should let my naturopath know and look for some diet-friendly adjustments to boost my energy levels, perhaps positively impacting my platelets and iron levels.  After all, I was feeling really really weak from inside my bones and muscles out.  Not good.

Anyway...a short blog today.  Victoria and I are enjoying some much needed tranquiulity up north this week and are planning to do an excursion by way of glass bottom boat for the first time! I will post pics.

When i return to the big city I hope to get into contact with Dr. Bookman, the physician behind the Bum Run (no pun intended), and discuss my "story", look to leverage my journey, blog etc. as part of a campaign to raise awareness.  So more on that in the near future.


Until next time much love to all that continue to be so integral to my support network.  You guys ROCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment