Wednesday, July 11, 2012

No TSN Turning point today...Darn CID!

So typically by this time after treatment I would be experiencing the ever-desired "TSN Turning Point"...energy levels come back, any GI issues would be relatively manageable, and most importantly the appetite and desire to eat and be active come back...for me with a vengeance (in a good way). Unfortunately, today is a rough day...chemo induced dia$#@&* today....and hitting me hard, knocking me off my feet and sapping any energy I had when I awoke this morning.  WOW.  Disappointing!  And I had such grandiose plans for today - to go for a light jog...jog for about 20 to 30 minutes in the cooler morning.  I have not jogged since prior to my surgery in March and after meeting with my Oncologist last week she gave me the green light to start ....taking it very slow of course AND making sure that I listen or be aware of any signs of distress such as shortness of breath, fatigue and light headedness.  Oh well...let's kick this latest blip and get on with it.

On a positive note, I can feel some of my tastebuds coming back.  I actually tasted the spicy garlic seafood linguine that I prepared last night...or at least tasted most of it.  Still cannot taste tomatoes...unless you consider "cardboard" a taste.  Seriously?  Tomatoes?!  I have always and will always love the taste of tomatoes whether they be field, hothouse, cherry, grape, vine-ripened, whatever and whether raw, stewed, diced and sauteed, however.  Again...oh well...it is what it is.  It could be worse I know but all I can say is these treatments better be doing their job!

Next post....1st Annual Bum Run....there just might be a Team Brown entered to raise funds and awareness for Colon Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment