Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Sweet Shop...oh how I miss you

Hello from Tobermory!!! Victoria and I managed to get away from the heat and humidity of TO this week and are enjoying the peaceful splendor of the Bruce Peninsula, Tobermory, and Cameron Lake. It is soooo worth the long drive from the city...I literally feel better as soon as we reach
North of Brampton on Hwy 10.

Since we are experiencing a cloudy windy day up here Victoria and I thought we would head into Tobermory and grab a green tea, sit on the patio of the Sweet Shop and simply chill...and while I love sitting here and relaxing in Tobermory I am completely Jonesing the ice cream cones that everyone is enjoying around me. They look so happy!!! I probably should have thought about this more...complete dairy and sugar restriction in my diet...no more two scoops of Raspberry Mango in a waffle cone for me (my favourite). But I have a question? How can something that puts a huge delightful smile on people's faces like apparently the ice cream here at The Sweet Shop be bad? Damn cancer. Damn dairy-free diet. Oh well...back to my organic Japanese green tea and then back to the cottage for whitefish, swiss chard and quinoa...with some nice Kefir for dessert ;-)

Hope everyone is enjoying the wonderful treats of summer...seriously. Positive energy to all who take the time to stop and read awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment