Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cameron Lake...an Rx for healing

The end of the school year on Friday means Victoria is finally off for the summer - YIPPPPPEEEEE! She has been bearing with the oppressive heat for the past few weeks, putting in some late nights with Grade 8 grad functions, class trips etc. and coming home exhausted, swollen and sore...and in much need of some R&R.

So...since I am feeling pretty good all things considered we packed up the car and Parker and made the trek up to our family cottage on beautiful Cameron Lake on the Bruce Peninsula joining my sister, Jodie, and her family. This could be just what the doctor ordered. The cottage has always been a haven for me and this summer it will have even more significance. Packing up Friday night in the heat and humidity of Toronto, I could feel myself getting "excited" at the prospect of spending a few days at the cottage. And quite frankly I could feel my anxiety and stress fade away once we reached north of Brampton on the way up Hwy 10...ahhhhhh......serenity now.

Relaxing by the lake, listening to the waves lap against the shore, hearing the excited squeals of my nieces playing in the water, watching Victoria (looking great in her maternity swimsuit) throw sticks to Parker in the water almost take my mind off "things"...distract me from the brutal mouth sores that decided to rear their ugly painful selves this time around. And guess who didn't pack any special mouthwash?! ;-(

But even a sore mouth won't spoil the re-energizing and balancing effect that Cameron Lake has on me. It's the best Rx ever!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics Dave! So glad you got the chance to get away. Always thinking about you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb. Definitely therapeutic to get away to the cottage. Wonderful opportunity to connect with my sisters, Jodie and Laura, along with Brad and my nieces. Even got a sunburn! Now I don't feel so pale so that actually feels good.

      Thinking of you always too, Barb!

      Delete